Data Protection Information – Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy System ISE
The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for the data processing (controller), we process your personal data collected via our website and store them for the period necessary to achieve the specified purposes and to comply with statutory requirements. The following text informs you of the data we collect and the way we process them. Furthermore, we inform you about your data privacy rights pertaining to the use of our website.
Pursuant to data, as defined by Article 4(1) General Data Protection Regulation GDPR includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Name and contact information of the person responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the corporate Data Protection Officer
- Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
- Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
- Your Rights as Data Subject
- Data Security
- Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on our project’s website radhard.org by the controller, the:
for the Advancement of Applied Research
zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastraße 27 c,
D–80686 München (Munich, Germany)
On behalf of your Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy System ISE
(in the following referred to as „Fraunhofer ISE“)
You can reach the Data Protection Officer of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de
Please do not hesitate to contact the data protection officer directly at any time in case of any questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as a data subject.
a) During your Website Visit
Every time you visit our web pages, our website servers save your device’s accessing our website in a protocol file. This storage is temporary; our website server saves the following access data until their automated deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting device
- Access date and time
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- The transmitted data volume
- The message whether the access was successful
- The browser and operating system used
- Name of the Internet Provider (ISP)
- The referring website (referrer URL)
These data are processed for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the website (connection setup)
- Administration of the network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure IT systems and data security taking into account the state of the art technology
- Fault Analysis and Threat Mitigation
- To offer user-friendly service
- To optimize the Internet offering
Legal foundations for the above processing purposes:
- Processing in response to a website visit pursuant to numbers 1-2:
The first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) (requirement for compliance with provisions of the website user contract),
- Processing pursuant to numbers 3-4:
The first sentence of Article 6(1), point © GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical and organisational measures to ensure secure data processing pursuant to Article 32 GDPR and
the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (legitimate interests in data processing for the network and information security) as well as
- Data processing pursuant to numbers 5-6:
The first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (legitimate interests). Our legitimate interests in the processing of data are based on our desire to offer user-friendly optimised web pages. Our legitimate interests may also include the distribution of direct advertising.
After the set period of 30 days, our web server automatically deletes the above-mentioned data. To the extent that data are processed longer for purposes pursuant to numbers 2–6, we will anonymise or delete the data as soon as their storage no longer serves the respective purpose
With exception of the above mentioned cases of data processing by service providers on our behalf we give your personal data only to third parties (i.e. to natural and legal persons other than you, the data subject), the controller or the service provider or its vicarious agents if:
- You consented explicitly to the data transfer to a third party pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (a) GDPR
- The data transfer is necessary for the performance of the contract with you pursuant to the first sentence of Article (1) point (b) GDPR
- We are legally obligated to surrender the data to financial or judicial authorities pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point © GDPR
- Transferring your data to third parties is required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you as data subject could have an overriding interest worth protecting in the non-transfer of your personal data pursuant to Article 6(1) S. 1 point (f) GDPR. Such a data transfer to government and/or law enforcement authorities may occur in cases of attacks on our IT systems.
Third parties may use the transferred data only for the above-mentioned purposes.
Our websites are hosted by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V., Hansastrasse 27c, 80686, Munich, Germany on servers located exclusively in Germany.
The transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU or an international organisation is excluded.
We use server-side cookies. Cookies are small files, which are automatically created by your browser and stored in your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar device) once you visit our website. Cookies do not harm your computer, and they do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware. Cookies contain information pertaining to the specific device, which accessed our website. However, this does not provide us with direct knowledge of your identity.
We also use temporary cookies to optimise the user-friendliness of our website. Your device stores these cookies temporarily for a specific time. Once you visit our website again, our server will recognise your device as prior visitor and remember your settings and preferences. You will not have to enter these parameters again.
The data obtained with the help of cookie help us to pursue our legitimate interests as website owners and serve the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to the first sentence in Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you are able to configure your browser in such a way that the application does not store cookies on your computer or always shows an alert before storing new cookies. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may prevent you from using all of the functions on our webs
You have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw at any time any consent you may have given to us before. Consequently, we may no longer continue the respective activity.
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to obtain information on your personal data which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
- Purposes of the data processing
- The categories of personal data
- The categories of recipients to which we disclosed or will disclose your data
- The planned storage periods of data
- The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection
- The right to appeal
- The right to know the origin of your data in the event that we did not collect these data
- The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and. if applicable, relevant information on the details thereof:
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain without due delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data unless the erasure interferes with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and to information, with the compliance with legal obligations, is necessary in the public interest or for establishing, exercising or defencing legal claims
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to establish, execise or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another authority and
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your habitual residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, pursuant to Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of legitimate interests) and Article 6(1), point (e) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a tasked carrier out in the public interest). This shall also apply to the profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is based on this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it relates to such direct advertising.
If you would like to assert your right to object, an email to datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de will suffice.
We transmit all your personal data using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard that is also used in online banking transactions use the standard for online banking transactions. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the “s” following the http (https://…) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
Moreover, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
This data protection information as amended on 04.03.2020 is currently applicable.
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or by virtue of amended statutory or administrative standards, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You may find the latest applicable data protection information by clicking the link on this website:
You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be or become invalid either in part or in its entirety or prove infeasible at any time, this shall not affect the remaining provisions of this data protection declaration. This shall apply accordingly to gaps in this declaration.